Saturday 27 October 2012

I'm so Manly

OK so I may have miscounted when I said it was 3 things in my Halloween countdown of activities...turns out it's 5!

Manly Halloween Street Parade! It's just a little village really but they sure do like Halloween!
If you've ever seen an episode of The Gilmore Girls you'll understand when I say it was like my very own Stars Hollow complete with Taylor Doose!!

There were stalls selling costumes and Halloween knick knacks, rides and shows for the kids and it seemed like the whole town was either in the parade or manning a lemonade/taco stall! Even the local car garage joined in! It was GREAT!



If I were to ever move to Australia permanently this is the town I would move to!

The parade itself ran down what looked to be the High street and had everything from hearses and hogs to an old fashioned Victorian type car.



Everyone was dressed up and got into the 'spirit' of the evening! Vampires, zombies, ghosts, horror film characters, witches, ghouls and goblins were all there and just in case things got out of hand...the Ghostbusters showed up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment